Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
CAPITAL NORDIC WALKING SPRING FESTIVAL
A Spring get-together of Nordic Walking fun, entertainment, surprises, exciting new resources, reconnecting and celebration - COVID-safe!
About this Event
women'sCAPITAL NORDIC WALKING COMMUNITY OUTREACH IS EXCITED TO INVITE CANBERRA'S NORDIC WALKERS TO OUR FIRST EVER SPRING FESTIVAL
After a long tough 12 months of fires, smoke, hail and COVID during which Canberra’s Nordic Walker’s haven’t been able to see as much of each other as usual, we feel that the time is right for us to get back together – in a COVID safe way – for a day of Nordic Walking fun and entertainment! It’s an opportunity to celebrate our community and that we are on the other side of the year that was! Please refer to our COVID Saftey Plan below.
We have put together a fabulous event with loads of fun, entertainment and presentations - including an invitational Spring NW Race - the 400 meter chase! In keeping with any decent Spring Carnival there will be a prize for the best fascinator or fancy dress! It could be you!
See the full program below.
Important information about the event........
* It's outside in the fresh air - but undercover - in the large arena of the Sherony Equestrian Park in Sutton - with toilets nearby. If you would like to check out the venue before going - click on this link for a virtual video tour! http://www.sheronypark.com.au/elementor-1282/
* COVID-safe protocols will be in place and enforced - there will be a register of participants (via Eventbrite registrations)
* Please bring your Nordic Walking poles - for some fun Nordic Walking and demonstrations during presentation of our new resources
* There will be a coffee van but please bring your own picnic lunch, drinks and fold up chairs - no tables please - eskys OK (STRICTLY NO GLASS Please)
* Parking is limited - so please consider car pooling - it's more fun together!
* Please help us make the event a clean one and leave nothing behind - take your rubbish home with you or use the bins provided.
The Program - let the fun begin!
9.30 Arrive, check in, show bags, coffee, settle in
10.00 OPEN AND WELCOME!
10.05 The Famous Tuggeranong Ukulele Group performing a collection of wild walking songs guaranteed to get everyone off their seats and striding out!
10.45 Presentations and demonstrations of 4 new Capital Nordic Walking resources - to be launched at the Spring Festival. Presenters: CNW Coaches Nicky Gibbons, Jacinta Greenwood and Kristen Pratt
11.30 Nordic Walking Catwalk! A very special Fashion Parade - Curated by the one and only - super colorful bird - Yve DeBrit!
12.00 PICNIC LUNCH BREAK
1.30 Launch of Memorial Booklet: COVID Tales and Trails - in memory of Maureen Stewart
1.40 The Spring Racing Cups - 400 meter Invitational Chase (Women's and Men's)
2.00 Award Ceremony: Women's Spring Cup winner, Men's Spring Cup winner and Best fascinator or fancy dress
COVID SAFETY PLAN
Capital Nordic Walking is committed to upholding the highest standard of COVID Safety environments and actions - but we depend on your cooperation and attention to COVID safe behaviour to ensure that this event is enjoyable, relaxed and safe for everyone.
The event will be held outdoors which means more fresh air circulation, space and sunlight. These factors make it more difficult for the coronavirus to spread from person to person.
However, it is still possible to transmit the virus outdoors so it is essential that we all follow the standard COVID Safe protocols at all time - see attached list.
Thank you for continuing to ensure that our Nordic Walking Community stays safe, healthy and free of COVID