Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
SmartFone Flick Fest - SF3 ISO and Feature 2020
The SmartFone Flick Fest is back for a sixth year! See the best films shot on phones from around Australia and the world at SF3 2020.
About this Event
The SF3 ISO and Feature 2020 screening includes 12 short films, 3 minutes or under, made by Sydney filmmakers, within lockdown laws, for the SF3 ISO category.
This year's SF3 Feature is Threshold directed by Patrick R Young and Powell Robinson.
The film was Improvised and shot on two iPhones over the course of a 12 day road trip, with a crew of 3. Threshold follows a sister, claiming to be cursed, as she persuades her brother to embark on a cross country road trip to break her spell. Convinced she's using drugs, he agrees to the trip with one caveat: if there's nothing at their destination, she goes straight to rehab.
The screening also includes SF3 ISO 2020 films by Sydney filmmakers:
1. Love in the Time Of Covid by Chanika Desilva
2. Garden Lover’s Club by Brienna Collins
3. And So It Went by Michele Jedlicka
4. Seance by Tel Benjamin
5. Touch Screen by Talin Agon
6. Distant Friends by Jill Kingston
7. Dawn Heist by Neil Walshe
8. Not There by Natalia Ladyko
9. P R O J E C T I O N by Olivia Duncan and Aleks Mikic
10. Working From Home by Brenden Lovett
11. Spalding by Brooke Ryan
12. The Beautiful Picture by Anne Taylor